Located at the Construction and Demolition Landfill
1481 Pueblo Road
Open Thursdays 9:00AM to 3:30PM
McPherson Area Solid Waste Utility is permitted to run a facility for the disposal of household (residential) hazardous waste materials. Materials from commercial, industrial, or agricultural sources may not be disposed of at this facility. Commercial, industrial, and agricultural entities need to find a company that specializes in commercial disposal of hazardous wastes.
A variety of materials from your home may be brought out to the Household Hazardous Waste Facility for proper disposal.
- Automotive products
- Transmission fluid
- Used oil
- Brake fluid
- Lead-acid batteries
- Paint/Finishing Products
- Oil based paint
- Latex based paint
- Spray paint
- Varnishes, sealers, and lacquers
- Garden and Pest Control Products
- Pesticides - agents applied to control bugs and rodents
- Herbicides - agents applied to control weeds and grasses
- Household Cleaning Products
- Oven cleaners
- Toilet cleaners
- Drain cleaners
- Frying oil (e.g. turkey)
- Rechargeable Batteries (video recorder, gel pack, backup light batteries, Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, Li-Ion)
We can not accept any waste in containers holding more than five gallons.
Empty containers or containers where the product is dried out, such as paint, may be thrown away as long as the lid is left off.